Posted on | January 31, 2011 | No Comments
Yup! The new site is up and new postings will start Febraury 1st. I’ll be returning to this little blog when I can get back to a canvas. In the meantime, follow my adventures in expanding the family on www.momillustrated.com.
See you next year!
Posted on | January 17, 2011 | 1 Comment
Well…yes and no.
I’m closing in on my due date for chickpea #2 and I had to do some serious rethinking about how I was going to proceed with job, art, blog etc etc.
I have to face facts that the painting will just stop for a while. There’s no real way around it. Same with the work. I remember it being hard to eek out time to shower let alone write a proposal. So that’s out.
The only thing I can guarantee is that I’ll be left with a mommy-brain and my little laptop.
So the momics will continue, just not here. I’d like this blog to be more about the “grown-up” work which, as I’ve outlined, won’t be happening (sob). So I’m in the process of creating another site (woot!) that is exclusively about the mumahood aspect of my life and will be launching in February. You’ll find all the momics you see here safely nestled in their new home, along with Monotony Mondays and lots of new adventures in sleep deprivation.
You’ll barely notice that this little blog will be in hiatus for a while.
Well, you may, but you’ll get over it.
I’ll announce the new link soon, when the other site isn’t in complete chaos. I’m aiming for February 1st.
There, there. Do you feel a bit better? Good.
Happy New Year!
Posted on | December 24, 2010 | No Comments
Posted on | December 17, 2010 | No Comments
That’s it for this series! Thanks for tuning in.
Lots of changes for this little blog o’ mine planned for the new year, so the next few weeks will be slow here while I prepare new material.
Have a great holiday!
Jana & clan.
Posted on | December 10, 2010 | No Comments
(Although it seems that the most frequent updates are from people that I’m pretty sure are in an office… )
Posted on | December 3, 2010 | No Comments
Posted on | December 1, 2010 | 1 Comment
Are you looking for a yummy treat?
Jana’s Unplanned, Half-A$$ed Pumkin Soup Recipe:
• Pumpkins (I think) acquired from lovely event leftovers. (Exclude the baby ones that your 2-year-old adopts.)
• an onion, chopped.
• piece of celery (least skanky in the fridge)
• probably a carrot (I didn’t have one)
• curry powder and paste
• butter and some oil
• slightly petrified cube of unidentified organic stock in the bottom of the spice container.
• pepper and salt
• Saute onion & celery in some butter and oil.
• Peel, gut and cube pumpkins. Realize too late that this takes a long time and should have been done before you put the onions on the stove. Add pumpkins as they’re cut so they all cook at different times.
• Add curry powder. Some. (Kid hid the measuring spoons god-knows-where.)
• Add stock and water. Bring to a boil then turn down and let simmer until you remember that you left this on the stove.
• Add curry paste and (oh-yeah!) peanut butter. Some.
• Puree everything with a hand blender while on the phone long-distance. (Local calls are fine too – use your imagination!)
Add some milk if y’want. Add more curry powder, paste or peanut butter if you think it needs it. Salt and pepper to taste.
Garnish with the last few sprigs of cilantro that aren’t puddle of mush in the fridge and the last dollop of only slightly expired plain yogurt.
Enjoy! Now you’ll have enough energy to properly clean your fridge and go shopping!
Bonus Colour Palette!
Posted on | November 29, 2010 | No Comments
Posted on | November 26, 2010 | No Comments
Posted on | November 24, 2010 | 1 Comment
A little something on what is supposed to be the coldest day of the week…brrr.
Download the Ai palette here.
keep looking »